Nothing Phone (1) receives software update 1.1.4
Nothing launched its Nothing Phone (1) a few months ago, and it’s still unclear if the device is a hit or not. Either way, the company needs to prove itself as a strong brand, and one of the ways is software reliability. Nothing promised three major Android updates already, but in the meantime it will roll out a bunch of fixes to make the phone stable and reliable. Today, the company is rolling out a new Nothing OS 1.1.4 update for the handset. It brings camera and display improvements.
The Nothing OS 1.1.4 update also brings LDHC audio codec support for the Nothing Phone (1). Additionally, it increases the Android security patch level on the Nothing Phone (1) until September 2022. This is notable as some brands tend to never release security patch updates.
Gizchina News of the week
Nothing about the camera improved color grading. Adjustments involve ultra-wide shots. From now on, the shots captured with this camera will correspond to the main sensor. So you’ll have consistent image capture no matter what sensor you’re using on your Nothing Phone (1).
The company is also adding a new motion detection algorithm. The goal is to improve stability and reduce blur. This will improve scenarios where you are filming moving objects. The Nothing Phone (1) update also brings other camera improvements. See the changelog below for more details:
Nothing OS 1.1.4 Update for Nothing Phone (1):
- We’ve improved color calibration in the ultra-wide camera. Lived up to the quality of the main course. For a consistent and seamless picture experience.
- Less blur and better stability when shooting moving objects. Thanks to a new motion detection algorithm.
- Sharper images in less time. With increased shooting speed when using HDR in ultra-wide mode.
- Night mode shots are true to life with increased color accuracy.
- Sharper, more naturally bright portraits are taken on the Nothing Phone front camera (1).
The update also brings an automatic brightness adjustment feature. The goal is to avoid overheating and battery consumption. There is also an optimization for the Always-On Display mode to improve the Nothing Phone’s batter (1).
The update is taking place gradually for the Nothing Phone (1). However, you can try to force the update header check in the Settings > System Update menu.