Introducing Lucid UX 2.0 – Latest Live Software Update Shows the Potential of Software-Defined Vehicles, Bringing Dozens of New Features to Every Lucid Air
- Lucid Air is designed as a true software-defined vehicle, with future-ready hardware allowing it to evolve over time to better meet customer needs long after delivery.
- Lucid’s latest over-the-air (OTA) software update is the most comprehensive yet, with significant advancements and improvements throughout the vehicle.
- New features include: “snapshot” glass cockpit and pilot panel displays; launch of Highway Assist for the DreamDrive advanced driver assistance system; redesigned on-screen layouts.
- Lucid UX 2.0 has already begun the initial phase of rolling out to customer cars and will continue over the next few weeks.
NEWARK, Calif., October 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Lucid Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCID), setting new standards with the longest and fastest electric car on the market, today announced the release of Lucid UX 2.0, its updated most comprehensive software yet, with hundreds of updates and new features for every Lucid Air on the road – streamed live and free to owners.
The wide range of updates includes enhancements to virtually every user touch point in the car, including the glass cockpit and cockpit panel ‘snap-shot’ displays; the introduction of Highway Assist for the advanced DreamDrive driver assistance system; redesigned on-screen layouts; and much more.
“This comprehensive software update, including tens of millions of new lines of source code on nearly every updatable computer in the vehicle, is achievable because the Lucid Air was designed from the ground up with the ability to s ‘improve over time’, said Michael Bell, Senior Vice President of Digital, Lucid Group. “With our integrated software and hardware engineering, Lucid has the in-house technical depth to improve our vehicles long after they roll off the assembly line.”
“Lucid’s truly innovative user interface gets easier to use and even better looking with each iteration, delivered seamlessly live to the vehicle,” said Derek Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Design and Brand, Lucid Motors. “This latest version of the software incorporates many enhancements – many of which are based on feedback and insights from owners – that make Lucid Air even more enjoyable, convenient and powerful for our customers.”
Glass cockpit and cockpit panel displays
- “Instant” displays, so the car is ready to go as soon as the driver sits down and buckles up.
- New on-screen layout for the Glass Cockpit display, moving the controls for commonly used apps like Home, Navigation, Media, and Phone to make Lucid UX more ergonomic than ever.
- Updated navigation and maps, with turn-by-turn directions now appearing on the central display directly in front of the driver.
- Smarter forecast of remaining range, so drivers know even better what to expect on the road.
- Do more with built-in Alexa voice control, like change climate settings for the rear seat.
- A friendlier browsing experience for third-party media apps, making it easier to see options, select favorite tracks, and start listening faster.
DreamDrive and advanced driver assistance systems
- Highway Assist with active lane centering and adaptive cruise control, enabling even greater driving comfort on long journeys.
- Rear Pedestrian Collision Protection is now also enabled when the vehicle is driving and backing up.
- Improvements to visual cues for Parking distance warning characteristic.
Smart micro-lens headlights
- High Beam Assist which not only detects other vehicles, but also other nearby light sources, and automatically switches to low beam when most appropriate.
- Automatic headlight leveling with sensor-based adjustments for vehicle height and angle to the ground.
Vehicle entry and exit
- The new Defrost Mode combines defrost, automatic wiper blade movement and wiper fluid to remove ice that can obstruct the view through the windshield.
- A number of measures to make automatic locking and unlocking easier, more intuitive and more responsive with the key fob and mobile key, as well as additional user-customizable settings.
Here you can find more information about the new features and improvements available.
About Lucid Group
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating cutting-edge technologies and the most captivating luxury electric vehicles centered on the human experience. The company’s first car, Lucid Air, is a state-of-the-art luxury sedan with a California-inspired design that offers full-size luxurious interior space in a mid-size exterior footprint. Powered by race-proven battery technology and proprietary powertrains developed entirely in-house, Lucid Air was named the 2022 MotorTrend Car of the Year®. The Lucid Air Grand Touring has an official range of 516 miles or 1,050 horsepower estimated by the EPA. Deliveries of Lucid Air, which is produced at Lucid’s Casa Grande factory, Arizonaare currently in progress for US customers.
This communication contains trademarks, service marks, trade names and copyrights of Lucid Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries and other companies, which are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lucid Group