Global Application Processors Market (2020 to 2026)
DUBLIN, May 6, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Global Application Processor Market, By Device (Mobile, Laptop, Tablet & Others), By Operating System (Android, iOS, Windows & Others), By Application, By Type, By Heart Type, By Region, Competition, Forecast and Opportunity, 2016-2026 “report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global application processor market has been valued at 29.56 billion USD in 2020 and is expected to grow by around 47.28 billion USD by 2026. Growing demand for smartphones, laptops, smart wearable devices, advent of automotive ADAS is expected to positively influence the global application processor market in the coming years.
The global application processors market can be segmented into devices, operating systems, application, type, kernel type, and region. On the basis of devices, the market can be segmented into mobiles, laptops, tablets, and other devices. The smartphone segment captured 53.85% of the global market in 2020 and is expected to experience growth over the next five years. Based on operating systems, the market is sub-segmented into Android, iOS, Windows, and other operating systems including Symbian OS, Linux, OS X, and others. The Android segment is expected to hold a market share of 39.64% and grow at a significant rate during the forecast period, followed by the iOS segment.
On the basis of apps, the market is sub-segmented into games, camera apps, photo & video editing and others including NFC, bluetooth connectivity, other AI features like voice assist and others. The gaming segment holds a 31.74% share of the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period due to innovations such as augmented reality games, competitive multiplayer mobile games, etc.
Based on the type, the market is sub-segmented into 32-bit and 64-bit application processors. The 64-bit application processor holds a majority share of 68.79% and is expected to grow during the forecast period. On the basis of core types, the market can be segmented into two-core, four-core, and others, including single-core, hexa-core, and octa-core devices. The majority share is held by dual-core devices, capturing around 47.94% of the global market.
Regionally, the Application Processor market has been segmented into several regions including Asia Pacific, North America, South America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Among these regions, Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market due to widespread adoption of technology and digitization.
The major players operating in the global application processor market are Qualcomm Technologies Inc., Mediatek Inc, Apple Inc, Samsung Electronics Pvt Ltd, Intel Corporation, Nvidia Corporation, Hisilicon Technologies Co. Ltd., Unisoc, Toshiba Corporation and TSMC Ltd . companies are developing cutting-edge technologies and launching new services to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers and acquisitions and the development of new services.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical years: 2016-2019
- Baseline year: 2020
- Estimated year: 2021
- Forecast period: 2022-2026
Goal of the study:
- To analyze the historical growth in market size of the global application processors market from 2016 to 2020.
- Estimate and forecast the market size of the global Application Processors market from 2021 to 2026 and the growth rate to 2026.
- To classify and forecast the global application processors market on the basis of device, operating systems, application, type, kernel type, company, and regional distribution.
- To identify the dominant region or segment of the global Application Processor market.
- To identify the drivers and challenges of the global application processors market.
- Examine competitive developments such as extensions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc. in the global Application Processor Market.
- To identify and analyze the profiles of the major players operating in the global Application Processor market.
- To identify the key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in the global Application Processors Market.
The publisher has performed both primary research and extensive secondary research for this study. Initially, the publisher obtained a list of manufacturers from around the world. Subsequently, the publisher conducted primary research surveys of the companies identified. During the interviews, respondents were also asked about their competitors. Using this technique, the publisher could include manufacturers who could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The publisher analyzed the manufacturers, the distribution channels and the presence of all the major players around the world.
The publisher has calculated the market size of the global application processors market using a top-down approach, in which data from various end-user segments has been recorded and forecasted for years to come. The publisher obtained these values ââfrom industry experts and company representatives and validated them externally by analyzing historical data for these products and applications to obtain an appropriate overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key target audience:
- Application Processor Manufacturers / Suppliers / Distributors
- Market studies and consulting firms
- Government agencies such as regulators and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to application processors
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important to industry players such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., in addition to enabling them to develop investment strategies and capitalize on market opportunities.
Main topics covered:
1. Product overview
2. Research methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Application Processor Market
4. Executive summary
5. Voice of the customer
5.1. Brand awareness
5.2. Factors influencing purchasing decisions
6. Global Application Processors Market Outlook
6.1. Market size and forecast
6.1.1. By value
6.2. Market share and forecasts
6.2.1. By devices (mobiles, laptops, tablets and others)
6.2.2. By operating systems (Android, iOS, Windows and others)
6.2.3. By application (games, camera application, photo and video editing and others)
6.2.4. By type (32-bit application processor and 64-bit application processor)
6.2.5. By core type (Dual core, Quad Core, others)
6.2.6. By company (2020)
6.2.7. By region
6.3. Product market map
7. Asia-Pacific Application Processor Market Outlook
7.1. Market size and forecast
7.2. Market share and forecasts
7.3. Asia Pacific: Country analysis
8. Europe Application Processors Market Outlook
8.1. Market size and forecast
8.2. Market share and forecasts
8.3. Europe: Country analysis
9. North America Application Processor Market Outlook
9.1. Market size and forecast
9.2. Market share and forecasts
9.3. North America: Country analysis
10. South America Application Processors Market Outlook
10.1. Market size and forecast
10.2. Market share and forecasts
10.3. South America: Country analysis
11. Middle East and outlook for the application processor market in Africa
11.1. Market size and forecast
11.2. Market share and forecasts
11.3. MEA: analysis by country
12. Market dynamics
13. Market trends and developments
14. Competitive landscape
14.1. Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
14.2. Mediatek Inc.
14.3. Apple Inc.
14.4. Samsung Electronics Pvt Ltd
14.5. Intel company
14.6. Nvidia Company
14.7. Unisoc (Shanghai) Technologies Co., Ltd.
14.8. Hisilicon Technologies Co. Ltd.
14.9. Toshiba Corporation
14.10. TSMC Ltd.
15. Strategic recommendations
16. About the publisher and disclaimer
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ppguy8
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets